Certain events happen in our lives that completely change our outlook and consequently the choices we make. Be it ending a relationship, leaving a job, moving away, losing a loved one, winning the lottery, finding your soul mate, starting a family after many years of waiting, overcoming a fatal diagnosis, etc. This list could go on and on. One may say it is your destiny or karma.
It’s obvious that there is significance in every event of our lives, from the most joyful and empowering to the inexplicable or seemingly unjust. I am a true believer in the phrase “for every door that closes, four more open.” I have personally experienced it in my life on many occasions. So often, good things come out of bad or sad situations. Growth occurs and lessons learned benefit others and open their eyes to a world of possibilities.
The search for meaning is perhaps the most definitive aspect of our humanness. Everyone longs to find or make meaning of their lives and particularly the difficulties of their lives.
Friends or loved ones may come into your life for a purpose. This may be to teach you to love, learn to be compassionate, guide you along a difficult path that you have taken, or to pass on their knowledge to you. This reminds me of the book “Tuesdays with Morrie” by Mitch Albom. It’s a very enlightening story about a teacher who teaches his student many valuable lessons that he will use throughout his life.
It is important to remember, despite your circumstances, that life is short and make every day count. Appreciate the good times and how fortunate you are for your irreplaceable experiences. All of your challenges and obstacles have been opportunities to realize your potential, strengths and to put meaning into your life.
When you are able to turn around a negative situation and make the outcome positive, you should feel like you have accomplished the most wonderful, glorious task. I have attached several positive quotes that I find quite inspiring:
1. We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.
– Stephen Covey
2. Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls.
– David Thomas
3. Each time someone stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.
– Robert F. Kennedy
4. If you only look at what is, you might never attain what could be.
5. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream.
– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., twentieth-century American civil rights leader
6. No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted.
– Aesop, Greek fabulist
7. If your ship doesn’t come in, swim out to it.
– Jonathan Winters
8. No fate is worse than a life without a love.
– Mexican Proverb
9. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the
future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.
10. Never live in the past but always learn from it.
Sherise Lambert – About the Author:
At TarotWiz.com, we analyze and explore a wide variety of Spiritual Topics to investigate the truths of the Psychic Phenomenon. I specialize in using Tarot Cards to best communicate with spiritual energies. This assists me to interpret and provide guidance to others on their personal endeavors. I have been providing private readings professionally for over 9 years now. Thank you for reading our articles. We look forward to sharing our vast knowledge with you, and hope to peak your interest.
- How To Keep Spirituality Alive ~ Keeping It Real (mediumsworld.wordpress.com)
- Discovering the Truth about Your Spirituality (mediumsworld.wordpress.com)
- 5 Paths to Spiritual Growth (mediumsworld.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Healing Examined (joannewellington.wordpress.com)
- Connecting with your Spiritual Source (mediumsworld.wordpress.com)
- Remember that things happen for a reason…Its life (joannewellington.wordpress.com)
- What is the purpose of your life? (joannewellington.wordpress.com)
- Conquer your fears (mediumsworld.wordpress.com)